This series on “The Use and Abuse of Antibiotics and Vaccines in Children” is edited by Adamos Hadjipanayis, European University Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus. Its main purposes are to provide a state-of-art review of the use and abuse of antibiotics and vaccines in children.
Adamos Hadjipanayis, MD, PhD
European University Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
Dr Hadjipanayis is an Associate Professor of Paediatrics. His primarily teaching areas include paediatrics, communication skills and information technology. His research has mainly been focused on environmental hazards, human biomonitoring, use and abuse of antibiotics and vac-cines. Dr. Hadjipanayis has published more than hundred peer reviewed articles in paediatric journals. He is an author and co-editor of the book “European Mastercourse in Paediatrics” and he has also published numerous books for parents. He has been the President of the European Academy of Pediatrics since 2018, he is the director of the paediatric department of Larnaca General Hospital and the medical director of the hospital.
- Tonsilitis in children overuse of antibiotics
- Upper respiratory infections: Use and abuse of antibiotics
- Vaccine Confidence among health care professionals
- Rotavirus vaccination: Universal of targeted
- The importance of vaccinating pregnant women
- A review of outbreaks of infectious diseases in Europe during the last decade
- The right age for delivering Meningococcal B vaccine
The series “The Use and Abuse of Antibiotics and Vaccines in Children” was commissioned by the editorial office, Pediatric Medicine without any sponsorship or funding. Adamos Hadjipanayis serves as the unpaid Guest Editor for the series.